Implement Traffic Control Plans This qualification is for those who are required to setup a Traffic Guidance Schemes (TGS) also known as a Traffic Control Plans (TCP) in accordance with approved Traffic Management Plans.
The RMS has recently added the following on the job tasks and abilities to this qualification
- Select traffic guidance scheme to suit site conditions, traffic volumes and work activities’
There are strict provisions placed on this ability, see below for minimum conditions:
- Must be selected from approved TCP/TCGS signed off by qualified persons (persons who hold current
- Design and Inspect TCPs or Prepare a Work zone TMP)
- Blank TCP/TCGS cannot be selected from the TCAWS manual and used (unless approved and signed off by
- qualified persons)
- Approved TCP/TCGS must be current (within the past 6-12 months)
- No modifications can be made by the implementer (modifications can only be completed by a qualified person)
- Implementers will be able to make minor adjustments as per A.S 4.1.6 and Traffic Control at Worksites manual
- A risk assessment must be undertaken on each occasion as per general standards
- This change can only be applied for qualifications achieved post 1/7/2015
- Holders of the old Apply Traffic Control Plans who wish to be able to undertake this additional task will need to upgrade to the new Implement Traffic Control Plans qualification
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded with An RMS Statement of Completion (SOC) certificate which allows you to work immediately in traffic control. SOC's are valid for 90 days. You will need to meet the live assessment requirements.
Students who successfully complete the live assessment and third party evidence requirements will be awarded the statement of attainment for the following skills sets:
- RIIWHS201D Work Safely and follow WHS Policies and Procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
The Statement of Attainment (SOA) is required for an application that we submit to the RMS for the photo-card licence. The licence is valid for 3 years.
The skills and competencies learned from the Implement Traffic Control Plan qualification are:
- Carry out risk assessments for personal safety.
- Understanding how to participate in toolbox talks.
- Understand traffic control policy and procedures.
- Use the site/ location assessment, distinguish topographical landmarks and carry out authorised risk controls.
- Know basic functions of the Traffic Guidance Scheme / Traffic Control Plan (TGS/TCP).
- Able to interpret various types of plans.
- Understand and make changes to (TGS/TCP) to suit the specific road and work environment.
- Understand how to measure distances and recognise the different types of measuring devices.
- Identify and select the correct types of signs and traffic control devices in line with a TGS/ TCP scheme.
- Install and remove signs and traffic control devices in line with a TGS/TCP.
- Maintain after-hours signage.
- Understand how speed, environment, type and class of vehicles, traffic density, sight lines, environmental conditions can affect the worksite.
- Implement a temporary TGS/TCP for emergency or unplanned works, or in-line with pre-approved generic plans or diagrams.
- Plan for emergencies that may arise.
- Understanding the various communication methods and communication devices i.e. two-way radios.
Duration: 7 hrs
Accelerated Training Level 1, 4a cnr Baan Baan Street & 37-39 Princes Highway Dapto NSW 2530
- PhotoID with current address
- Current White Card
- A Thorough understanding of both written and spoken English
- All students must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
How to Book:
Either Online OR Phone (02) 4262 7072 to secure your booking.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Learner Handbook that should be read BEFORE enrolling into any of our courses.
Accelerated Training is a registered training organisation RTO 41474 and is an Roads & Maritime (RMS) approved training provider.